Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Water Bottle

Today was the JC Elementary School Field Day at UW Whitewater. Micah and Maddy were both very excited about it. I feel the need to share this story in hopes that you can all say a little prayer for me now and for the next, oh, let's say 15-20 years...

Maddy was up very early this morning in anticipation of today's trip. As we were packing lunches, she grabbed one of her cold water bottles, looked at it and said, "Mom, just my name on the bottle is not enough. We need to write 1-OD. Let me get a Sharpie." The kids are trained to label everything at school with their grade and the first letter of their teacher(s) last name, hence 1-OD. Anyway, Maddy goes to the cupboard to get a Sharpie, picks up the water bottle, which is very sweaty, and says, "This damn water bottle is too wet. The Sharpie won't work."

Of course, I respond by asking, "What did you just say?" And Maddy responds, "This damn water bottle is wet and the Sharpie won't work."

I try not to laugh and explain to her that "damn" is a swear word. She proceeds to cry...

Just another nice normal morning at the Garvey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment