Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bacon and Eggs

Although I'm not real handy in the kitchen, I do enjoy making cute stuff for the kids once in awhile. I made bacon and egg candy a year or two ago and it was easy, so I thought I'd do it again this week for Micah's spring party. He will be able to help and that makes it even more exciting! Below are the instructions. I'll post a photo or two of our own.

What you need:

Pretzel sticks

12 oz pkg of vanilla or white chips (or a few squares of almond bark)

48 yellow M&M's

What you do: Place pretzel sticks on waxed paper in groups of two, leaving a small space between each. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat vanilla chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue cooking in 15 second increments, until melted and able to be stirred smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls over each pair of pretzel sticks. For "yolks", place one or two M&M's in the center of each "egg".

No comments:

Post a Comment