Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mom Knows Best

Back in 2006, I started sending out emails and then created a Blog that consisted mainly of me telling stories of the day-to-day events in my life as a mom of a 2 and a 4 year old. These daily happenings were pretty "normal"...the kids covering themselves in mud on a cool spring day, Maddy and a friend getting "naked" in the sandbox, the kids sledding down the big hill in our front yard and the dog crapping right on their fast-as-lightening path, etc, etc. They were funny, somewhat demented, and 100% accurate and true. One day my mom suggested that maybe some of these stories not be shared - that not everyone may understand my sense of humor about life. Was she serious!?! I guess at the time, YES she was! So, following the "Mom knows best" theory, my posts slowly came to a halt (the link to that old Blog is over to the left).

The kids were still the kids, and I still had funny stories to tell. And tell them I did! I just wasn't getting them down in writing.

Last night, Monday, March 2, 2009, totally out of the blue, my mom rescinded her previous suggestion.

I guess "Moms know best!" and sometimes it just takes them a few years to figure it all out! Love you mom!

So, here I sit, ready to share bits of wisdom and all kinds of funny stuff...

I'm still sitting....

and sitting...

The kids are both at school. The dog is snoring. The washer machine is running.

Well, maybe things will pick up later in the day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment